2009年11月6日金曜日

Business trip to Sapporo and Asahikawa


This Thursday and Friday, I went to Sapporo Inter-cultural and Information high school to examine how CALL classes are implemented, and to Asahikawa to attend SelHi conference coordinated by Asahikawa-Kita high school.
The objective for this trip was to get some tips for Shizunai high school English section to organize more coherent English courses and classes before Shizuko opens a variety of them as it changes the system into "Tani-sei" from next academic year on.
The key-words I got from this trip is, first, English teachers' English for students, that can be called "Teacher Talk" or "paraphrased easy English", second, Teachers competitive and energetic mind to improve their own English, and finally, all of their efforts are for students, not ourselves. The last one was also just what I learned from Principal of Asahikawa-Higashi High school, who I drank with during this trip.
I would like to share what I learned with other teachers in Shizuko and take a first step for the new English course and classes.

0 件のコメント: