2010年11月3日水曜日

The importance of a role model

実践ビジネス英語著者 杉田敏氏
     As I wrote at the previous post, the radio English program features three respectable learners using this program. They showed us how to brush up English while using it in their workplaces or preparing for studying abroad.
     I was very impressed with the three persons' great pronunciation, natural tempo, and sophisticated words and phrases they smoothly use in their daily basis. For example, I know of course the phrase "you know", and "this is what I think is most important". But both are just stored in my brain and not yet activated to be used naturally. I noticed I needed to repeat and use it more and more. 
      As for the way I learn English, it was basically the same as ones they three persons did. Repeat, say aloud, and record their voice. But for me, the chance to use it in natural setting may be a bit limited. I will try to expand the opportunity to speak the words and phrases I learned in this program.. 
      Anyway, the program tuned out to be very helpful to learn English as a learner and at the same time to teach English for me in turn to be a role model hopefully.  

0 件のコメント: