2010年7月4日日曜日

Internet Addiction



The lesson I heard in "Practical Business English" on the Internet is about Internet Addiction. Characters shared their own experiences of addiction with e-mail, SNS, online game, and the like. Without Internet I cannot live. That is the truth. I can collect information, send messages, print important documents, check news, and make a plan for what world cup matches I should watch on TV. The personality on the program said that "I often think I could have done more productive thing after I got into it(=online game)." I also often think so.
I am lately a bit overwhelmed by power of the Internet. Today, I intended to prepare for the training I will take part in in Britain this summer, but I got into the Jamie Olive's site. Though I couldn't catch up with his British English, the delicious-looking BBQ appealed me a lot, and stayed on the site for a long time!
If I don't have a certain strong objective or an intention to use the Internet, I sometimes get lost during online surfing. I often think "What am I checking now?" "Where am I? I would like to keep a handle on using it.

0 件のコメント: